Saturday, September 6, 2008

Holy Babies...

So I have cousins that I'm really close to. Two, in particular, have always been two of my best friends. I found out last night, that Laura will be having her 2nd. I laughed and then turned to Nate. I told him we are getting way behind. Heidi is having her third soon, and now Laura will be one up on me, too. Not to mention, that I'm older than both of them. Don't worry, I'm not about to make any announcements of my own, but I just think it's funny. The crazy thing is how fast time goes by. We always said 4-6 kids, 2-4 years apart. Well, we're well past the 2 year apart mark. Then I stop and think numbers. Having kids can take some serious years. Lets say I want 4 more kids 3 years apart, average. That's 12 years until I have my last kid. Then say, we're lucky, and everyone is actually out of the house by the time they turn 18. Now we're talking 30 years until my last kid is out of the house. Now I'm 56 when my last kid leaves the house. The older I get, the younger 56 sounds, but really... And that's only if I have 5 kids total, on the lovely schedu;e of 3 years apart. That's crazy. A very well worth it crazy, but sheesh! By the way, CONGRATULATIONS, LAURA, RYAN, and TYLER!

5 comments:

Richey's said...

oh Jen , you make it sound more complicated then it needs to be. I just like popping out babies..it's become my hobbie(yeah, sure!) I love you! Can't wait to see you next week!

Ryan and Laura said...

Thanks Love! All you need to do is pretend like you make lots of money and have nothing better to do ;) I'm a little nervous about number 2 and all the other "new" things in life right now- but Tyler has been so much fun so far and I just pray that number 2 will be just as adorable and loving! And of course we wouldn't mind more cousins ; We'll even kick a neighbor out for you guys...there really is a Justice just down the street. Love you!

The Trotter Family said...

Congrats to them both! Right now, I just hope that neither of them have colicky babies because it is no fun. Hope everything goes perfect for them!

Anya Gilbert said...

That is so funny. Kyle and I have had this same conversation many times. We are "done" so he says. His goal was to be done by 30 (which he is) Crazy! but my goal was to be done with 4 by the time I was 30. Well I still have 2 years and 1 more to go. So we will see. Miss you!

dusty and meag said...

jenny...my vote is yes...you need to jump on the band wagon and have another..jack told me he wants a sister! sorry I haven't called you back. it's been madness and I'm on perma bed rest...no fun! but I love you and miss you