Thursday, November 8, 2007

Craziness is Back

Well, lately we've made some huge changes to our lives. Nate lost his job, and so we had some things to think about. We decided to have him go back to school and finish his degree while I support the fam for a while. God has really blessed us in filling our needs lately. I was about to accept an offer from my old employer ( which would have been over a 2 hr commute every day... without traffic), when I got a random phone call. Justice Inc., a girls clothing store had been given my application from Gymboree. They needed a store manager. At first I was torn, but it was a no brainer the more I thought about it. I accepted the position. It is 5-10 minutes up the freeway. It's a brand new store. More square footage and a new challenge. I've never had to build a business from scratch. It's been exciting, and I look forward to the future ( Especially way in the future, when I get to stay home again, and all this hard work pays off in a big way!). Thank you for the prayers and support. We'll keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

We justice out here. It is just like Limited Too and Shelby LOVES that place. That should be a lot of fun for you. I hope everything works out well!

Rachel said...

Jen, sorry to hear about Nate's job. The stress that comes along with that kind of life change is enough to kill you! But I am glad that you were able to find such a great position. That is awesome, and so close to home too. It will make life so much easier. Let us know when we can do anything for you.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Jen, that stinks for Nate. Hopefully he doesn't have too much school left. We're glad that you landed such a good job! Good luck with everything! This may not help, but for whatever it's worth Aaron and I just went through this so we can relate. Unemployment stinks!!! Sounds like you have it under control though.

Kristyn said...

Wow, I was going to call you and see how things were going, but I didn't want to intrude or anything. Big decisions. That was so great to hear that it was an easy decision the more you thought about it!! That is huge. I'm sure Nate is excited to go back to school. Hopefully. I think there is a time and a season for everything, and right now school I think is a good thing to have as a priority. It will pay off dividends in the end. On a side note, I think you have an amazing personality, and will flourish with starting up a new store. Good for you!! They are so lucky to have you on their team!

If you don't start for a while I'm going to storytime this week. Call me. Otherwise, good luck with the new gig girl!