Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Unseen Stress of the Unforseen... (does that make sense)

So, life sometimes freaks me out. I try to remind myself to enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow. Seriously though, the future is a hard thought to avoid. Random things go through my head. What will we have? What if it's twins? Will Jack ever want to potty train? Will I ever not have to work? Would I miss work(though I am quite aware that staying at home should classify under the work category)? How long will we live in our house? Are we going to move, or stay in Utah(we're talking down the road)? When will we buy a second car? Will two car seats feasibly fit in the back seat of a focus? When will our debt be completely paid off? Yes, I know I am crazy, but my mind just goes... and goes sometimes.

6 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Jen, I totally hear you. It makes for some late nights. I can just lay in bed and think and think until I am on the verge of panic. We are looking for a place to live, which has us researching schools nearby, which has me thinking of high schools, college, mission, etc. I am getting the tight feeling in my chest just thinking about it! Life can be so complicated...I am so glad there are family and friends around to vent. I find that the more often I open my mouth about the things I am feeling, the more often I find others who feel or have felt the same way. It is the greatest way to deal with it all. For me, I have to try to live my life day by day to absorb it all. Otherwise, I think I would plan things out too much and worry about things going wrong. I did say try...I'm still working on it! You are so strong and so positive, it rubs off on everyone around you. Don't put much time into your worries, that is energy you are giving something that won't give any back. Just focus on what you know is important!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

I know those same feelings all to well - I think it's part of being a girl, or a mom - I'm not sure which! The only GOOD thing is that we are promised if we live righteously - the Lord will pour out His blesings upon us! Hope you feel that love (even though sometimes I think I forget!) Hope you have a GREAT week!

Loves ... Rach

Keli and Mike said...

I'm totally with you girl! It makes me crazy not knowing what is going to happen to us in the near future. Don't worry, everything will be fine, you are great!!

Cynthia said...

I totally do that too! What works for me is what you did- write it down. And then later I can go back and realize that my questions got answered and things worked themselves out.

Anya Gilbert said...

You are not alone! I think that these are all normal things that everyone should think about. If you dind't, it might mean that you didn't care as mucch weather or not they did happen. Does that make sense. I hope so. Anyway...all these things just mean that you are a great person, mom, and wife...at least that is what I tell myself. Luv ya and miss ya! You better come and visit when you visit your mom. I am so close.

dusty and meag said...

jenny! time for an update my friend.